02 September 2005

12% of Fans Picked Kasey Keller.

There's a reason that most internet polls are considered unscientific. And a reason that polls are probably not a great predictive tool.

Right now, 6% of the poll respondents at US Soccer Players think Bobby Convey will score the first goal against Mexico. Which may seem low compared to the 33% that picked Brian McBride, but Brian McBride doesn't have the disadvantage of trying to score while serving a red card suspension.

Update 1:37PM I check back now, and I see that they've pulled Bobby's name from the list of options. I promise you I did not make that up.

3 Comments:

At 02 September, 2005 11:40, Blogger DM said...

The Condorcet Jury Problem, in action, my friend!

 
At 02 September, 2005 15:24, Blogger Eric PZ said...

Is EJ fit enough to play?

 
At 02 September, 2005 15:35, Blogger D said...

DM: Yes, I suppose it is, now that I understand what the hell you are talking about.

Eric: Word is that he supposedly is on the pitch and doing well, but I have no idea what to believe out of the USMNT camp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)