05 December 2005

Construction: Next 10 posts (or so...)

If things start to look weird around here, well, everything is okay, so don't panic. Basically, I'm going to try and experiment with the look and feel of this site. Most of the time you shouldn't notice anything, but it is possible that you might catch me in the odd moment of messing around.

What am I looking at? I'm thinking of moving to the white background for the text. I want to keep the black/red/white color scheme, so I'll also be trimming the site in red, and using a black header graphic of some sort. That's the plan, at least. Not sure how well it is going to work out, but we'll see. If it look awful, I can always go back.

3 Comments:

At 05 December, 2005 23:35, Blogger Scott said...

I agree with your idea to change the colors of the text area. Reading the white text on black can get hard on the old peepers during the longer posts.

 
At 06 December, 2005 09:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seconded. White text on a black background is deadly.

 
At 06 December, 2005 10:07, Blogger D said...

Oh, I agree with both of you...

See, when I started this thing, I wanted something that I could put into a DCU red/black scheme as fast as possible. So I grabbed a template, made minimal modifications, and went with it. The easist template to base off of was the Minimal black, with white text on black.

Over time, I've decided I really don't like it. But I do want to keep the red/black/white color scheme. We'll see if I can do something good here. I'm still mucking around in CSS at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)