17 January 2006

Prediction: No Deal.

Between now and Friday, there will not be a single deal made so with the idea of someone trying to move up in the draft order. Any trade that involves draft picks between now and Friday will use the picks only to augment one side's value of the deal or another's, but the draft picks won't be the point of the deal. To put it another way, I could see a team trading player X plus a draft pick for player Y, but I don't see a player trading player X plus a draft pick for a higher draft pick, or something along those lines. I have no sources for this information, but I do have a gut feeling. Or a belly feeling. Whatever.


Update: And, as you see, I was wrong. Metros move up for the #1 pick. Sigh. I need to stop listening to my gut and only go with sourced information.