08 February 2006

Delivery

2006 SEASON SCHEDULE As promised yesterday, MLS releases the 2006 season schedule today. My thanks to the tipsters who gave me a heads-up this was coming. Analysis for Operation: Deflower purposes coming in a bit, but a preliminary look says 12 August to 19 August looks interesting.

ALECKO ON REIS Ask and you shall receive, as Jimmy (is that you LaRoue?) from MASR kindly points out that it was they that had Ian Penderleith's interview with the great Eskandarian discussion on Matt Reis. Thank you sir, and a nice bit of interviewing to bring that back. The key graf:

"I forgive, but I don't forget," said Eskandarian. "I've watched the replay enough, where I still feel the same way about everything. I feel like it could have been avoided, but that's soccer, that's life. I think if he was a man he would have apologized, or even said it was freak thing, but he never said anything. And even if you look at the tape, as soon as he hits me....I think he knew exactly what he was doing. Normally when something like that happens and it's an accident you go right over to the person and check, and with him he just turns his back and walks away."
Well said, and well captured. My thanks.

Finally, some great comments, and while I try to respond in the comment section, I've recently been bringing it to the post area. Still, if you're interested in a quick back and forth on getting Adu more playing time by trading Gros, it happened yesterday.

2 Comments:

At 10 February, 2006 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is that you LaRoue?"

Indeed, it is me.

 
At 10 February, 2006 13:44, Blogger D said...

Matt W.: The overlap is a point of contention among many fans. It doesn't bother me so much (partially because I don't see too many US Nats coming from DCU) but the excuse from MLS is that they just can't take a rest break in mid-season. Given that, why not schedule games and allow for the double-header?

Jimmy: Well, at least I can feel comfortable knowing that if (and when) I say something truly stupid about this soccer sport, someone will definately notice. But thanks for sending in the link, it was a great quote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)