04 May 2006

Once was a man from New Jersey

UPDATE: There are more entries in the comments, and I like them. I should offer a prize of some sort. Keep 'em coming.

Well, today looks quiet for once. I didn't have anything planned for today, but you never know. Today's agenda for me involves paying a little more attention to Colorado, and working on some long term things. While players may not yet be reporting to camp for Bruce, make no mistake, this week starts the Germany impacted part of MLS's schedule. Nobody wants to be replaced on the final squad by Chris Albright (I'd link, but I'm sure you all know about that now.) So this weekend may see some strange games. Personally, I think we should take today and make MLS-themed limiricks. I'll go first.

Best wishes to our D-Mid, ol' Benny.
Give him crap? Well he never takes any!
He's not as vapid
as some other Rapid.
And yes, I mean Pablo Mastroeni.

6 Comments:

At 04 May, 2006 09:53, Blogger I-66 said...

Chris Albright: forward turned defender
His goal scoring no one remembers
Cherundolo's not lame
Eddie Lewis, the same
If that changes, for me: post Cup bender

 
At 04 May, 2006 11:13, Blogger D said...

Brilliant! Hah!

 
At 04 May, 2006 11:57, Blogger D said...

That's an awesome 4/7ths of a sonnet there. Keep 'em coming...

Our defensive lineup's too malleable
Onyewu's play must be most valuable
with the center our hope
our eyes turn to the Pope
let's pray that Eddie proves infallible.

 
At 04 May, 2006 12:54, Blogger I-66 said...

When I poke and prod as with a needle
I find our alternate keepers most feeble
One's just a tad flabby
The other's way too knee-happy
Seriously, Bruce, call Brad Friedel

 
At 04 May, 2006 16:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Saturday, he lost all his luck
the man most refer to as Hejduk
Though I'm sorry to say
it's better this way
for his name should be Mr. Hejsuk

 
At 04 May, 2006 16:24, Blogger D said...

I-66: Excellent criticism. And I agree.

Michael N.: Unfair, but funny. Very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)