03 June 2006

First Reaction - DC United 1 : 0 New England Revolution

I think I'll start doing these before the formal debriefs, just a few quick words on what I saw and thought.

New England deserved to lose, but I can't say that United deserved to win. Then again, there are ugly games that happen in a season, and that it should happen on United's third game in eight days does not surprise me. Yes Eric, I hear you saying play beautiful -- but win first, eh?

Anyways, a good defensive outing from United. Balls played by New England into the box only made it if they were away from the attackers, since typically the defense had marked them out well.

Not sure who the Man of the Match is, but my candidates are Adu, Boswell, Erpen, Gros, Perkins, and Simms. One of them will take it, not sure which yet.

What an ugly game. I know, 3 points is 3 points, but still... Glad United has some time before the next one. At LA, followed by At New England... They'll need a few days to get ready for that.

2 Comments:

At 03 June, 2006 23:45, Blogger Bill-DC said...

I thought Simms and Gros were co MOTM but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Simms.

Ugly win, but take it and move on. I'm thrilled this team won three games in this eight day stretch.

I am pumped! Beat LA!

 
At 04 June, 2006 09:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Carroll motm - especially in the first half, he seemed to be in all the passing lanes Ningland wanted to use to get from defense to midfield. He's the one irreplaceable player on the team right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)