08 June 2006

The World Cup Eve: Watch with D, Watch with Ray

WATCH WITH D: For those that are interested, I plan on catching Monday's Group E games at the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse due to their free admission. No, I've never seen a game there before (though I have seen a few films there). It should be an experience. If the experience is good, I may head back there, but I imagine I'll be making the rounds of other venues.

WATCH WITH RAY: I forgot to mention this yesterday, but on Wednesday, WRC-TV 4's George Michael announced that former United head coach Ray Hudson will be providing commentary on the World Cup to the Channel 4 News viewership. We all know that Ray was much better on the mic than on the bench, so I do look forward to seeing him. Hell, even Jim Vance lit up at the mention of this.

LISTEN WITH D: Yes, my first contribution to the World Cup Roundtable podcast was yesterday for Episode 3, covering Groups E and F. I haven't heard it yet myself, so I have no idea how I sounded when delivering such insight as "Yeah, I know nothing about Croatia" and encouraging irrational, longshot betting moves with "I think the USA wins their group." Still, it was a blast to do, and I look forward to showing up there on a few more occasions. Your advice is always welcome, as it has been some six years since I did anything radio/audio related.

3 Comments:

At 08 June, 2006 18:56, Blogger Kinney said...

I'll be most likely joining you at the Drafthouse. I think I still owe you a beer from way back. So you better make yourself known.

 
At 08 June, 2006 21:31, Blogger D said...

Kinney --

That's awesome. I will do myself to be obvious... look for a guy with poofy hair and a red shirt of some sort. I'm also clean shaven, but only recently so.

 
At 12 June, 2006 09:52, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

That's great that the Drafthouse is showing the games- I love that place. Nice to have some options other than Summers (which I like, but can get a little too overwhelming at times).

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)