02 June 2006

Would somebody please tell me what the goddamn rules are?

From the MLSNet preview of the New England - DC game, I see this (emphasis added):

WARNINGS: NE: Sharlie Joseph (suspended next yellow card; good behavior this game)

But wait, didn't the new format for handling cautions eliminate the good behavior bonus? Let's take a look at that press release...

As part of the change the Good Behavior Incentive will also be eliminated. The Good Behavior Incentive allowed players - who were under warning for point accumulation - to play three consecutive games without yellow cards in order to have their total caution points reduced by five points.

Well, I guess I should read the official rules posted on the MLS Website... if only they weren't the 2005 rules discussing "caution points." What the hell? Does anyone know the rules?

7 Comments:

At 02 June, 2006 15:31, Blogger I-66 said...

I just like that they spelled his name wrong. As if Shalrie didn't sound girly enough, they went and made it Sharlie.

 
At 02 June, 2006 15:34, Blogger D said...

Heh... I didn't even notice that.

 
At 02 June, 2006 17:59, Blogger Doug said...

Similarly, I noticed that the MLS discipline page (http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/stats/discipline.jsp) lists players with three yellow cards (and therefore 2 cards away from a suspension) and Alecko isn't listed.

Did MLS quietly forgive the yellow he got for being thrown into the KC goalie?

 
At 02 June, 2006 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want consistency and clarity in MLS rules? You guys are freakin' hysterical.

 
At 02 June, 2006 19:54, Blogger D said...

Doug: Interesting... Could just be that they haven't updated for midweek games, but maybe they did get some justice...

Brian: The allocations and the draft lottery stuff is one thing. But this is on the field stuff... that should definately be constant. Parity mucking seems icky, but I can handle it. But when you start screwing around with discipline, I get annoyed.

 
At 02 June, 2006 20:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D - great blog post, as usual. But re: your response to Doug... what'd I tell you in my email?

 
At 02 June, 2006 22:29, Blogger D said...

Big Kris -- GAH! I need to be put on medication or something, this is getting ridiculous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)