23 August 2006

Let's Welcome Bruce Back to RFK...

Bruce is back in town for the US Open Cup. I stand by what I wrote earlier: He gets a big ovation when he's introduced. DC owes him that much for his time here. After that, he is fair game and an enemy forever (or until he retires).

Let me do my part: Dear Bruce - Your DC United teams convinced me that putting my loyalty into soccer was not a waste of time. That my fandom would be rewarded, even though I was far away from my city. You accomplished amazing things with DC, and brought the US National Team forward by two significant steps. For that, I thank you.

And now, you're an enemy. Still, I do want to hype the book you're promoting about your decision to join the Red Bulls of New York. It's a small way of repaying you. Here, I'll show everyone the cover image:

Really, I feel no guilt about that at all.

3 Comments:

At 23 August, 2006 08:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AUGH! My eyes!

 
At 23 August, 2006 09:51, Blogger D said...

Heh heh...

It's Bruce's book, blame him!

 
At 24 August, 2006 17:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill.

Me.

Now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)