27 September 2006

Consolidate your memories

Do you remember the scene in Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Spike and Buffy's mom are comparing their favorite moment in the soap opera Passions? Oh, okay, I'm the only one that thought it was funny. Fine. Regardless, DCU has a neat poll up on your favorite events in the "Decade of Passion" (see, there's a segue there.) For me, I'm taking Eddie Pope's header as my favorite goal, and the 2004 ECC as my favorite moment. I'm still reviewing the saves category. This is fun. Ah, nostalgia... we are fortunate to have such a large and quality selection here in DC.

3 Comments:

At 27 September, 2006 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...we are fortunate to have such a large and quality selection here in DC."

And fortunate to have video of so many aforementioned moments!

 
At 27 September, 2006 15:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Adu goal on artificial turf where he turned a guy at midfield to start it off? It didn't even make the candidates.

 
At 27 September, 2006 15:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Goal: Etcheverry '97 (was, and will always be the greatest goal in MLS history for me)

Best Moment: Interamerican Cup victory over Vasco. I know not a lot of people paid much attention to it, but this was the most important moment in team history. DC United is and will be the only team in MLS History to win this championship, and my guess is that it will be at least 15 years before another MLS team wins an international trophy outside of concacaf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)