17 October 2006

We're going to New York, and then New England, and Then Dallas... YAAARRRGGGHHHHH!

From the DC Sports Bog at the United Awards Ceremony:


Nowak gave a fiery speech at the end of the event, during which he summed up the season and the team's mindset entering the playoffs, and in which he addressed his players, who were sitting in the first three rows in their natty pin-striped suits and black and red ties that made them look borderline mobster.

Nowak's words:

Some of us will be back, some of us maybe not, but in the next four weeks we will do everything in our power to bring you trophy, to bring the passion back....Soccer is a game you can win, you can tie, you can lose. The choice is ours. But you guys deserve more than anything to be in Dallas and to raise the trophy again....I can assure you is going to be completely different team Saturday in New York, and we're going to go there, and we're going to beat them at home again!!!

It all sounded vaguely of Howard Dean. But you've gottalove the confidence.


Well? I like it. I'd like it more if I had any idea where that confidence was coming from right now.

7 Comments:

At 17 October, 2006 13:26, Blogger Brian said...

Howard Dean cut a Wrestling Promo and was booted from the Democratic Ticket because he actually showed that he had a pulse.

Hopefully United show that they have a pulse and beat the Bulls.

 
At 17 October, 2006 13:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post title. Thanks for the laugh.

 
At 17 October, 2006 13:48, Blogger D said...

Brian: I love Howard Dean. Of course, that's partially because I live with a former Dean staffer, but the point remains... I loved that speech.

Bob: glad to oblige.

 
At 17 October, 2006 14:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's certainly better than, "Well, actually, we've had a competition among team members to see who can blow the most chunks lately, so I guess we'll see what happens in the playoffs."

I like the Sports Bog. I think what's his name - Dan? has a crush on Alecko Eskandarian.

 
At 17 October, 2006 15:01, Blogger The Manly Ferry said...

I've got to join in the butt-kissing. Great headline.

 
At 17 October, 2006 15:15, Blogger Brian said...

I am a Republican, and I would have voted for Dean. Dems made a bad choice in not running him.

 
At 17 October, 2006 17:21, Blogger Joel said...

as the others have already said, great title... although I'm not sure that "YAAARRRGGGHHHHH" is the correct spelling of the sound he made... actually I'm not sure we have the correct letters in our alphabet to spell that sound he made so I'm going to give you a pass on that.
I'm not sure how I feel about Nowak's little speech... on the one hand, I'm ready to drink the koolaid and buy into the theory that we can just turn it on when we need it... However, I dont know if I'm drinking that koolaid because I really beieve, or because I really WANT to believe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)