27 November 2006

Consider Your Options

HOWDY HONDURAS: DC gets its CONCACAF Champions Cup draw, and it is CD Olimpia. Hope you enjoy the cold kids. No, I don't know much about Honduran football, so feel free to chime in if you have insight. My insight will be limited to "Pack a scarf for the soccerplex."

CARROLL - "OUI, JE SUIS UNE OPTION POUR LA FRANCE": In addition to David Stokes checking out St. Pauli, we catch up with Brian Carroll. After Alemannia Aachen passed on him, it seems that Olympique Marseille might be curious. Can I see Brian doing well here? Yes. Does that make it a sure thing? No. To get into the expansion draft news (covered well by my compatriots here) this does make the selection of Rod Dyachenko over Clyde Simms a little more providential.

And yes, I took a week off there for some nice Thanksgiving time. And to deal with that cold that was annoying the hell out of me. I still have that sort of residual runny nose which hangs around like your socially awkward friend from the drama group. Bah. But I had some thoughts in the time off, which I want to share. Including the thought that even though I may agree with this sentiment, the person voicing it has pretty much annoys me to no end. Who was it that said "No cause is so noble it won't attract fuggheads?"

6 Comments:

At 27 November, 2006 16:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure Freddy is just jumping up and down to know what Alexi Lalas thinks he should do with his career. I mean, wouldn't you be?

 
At 27 November, 2006 17:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D,
Why won't they play the game at RFK? What are the conflicts? I'm sure it would be a big crowd playing against the most popular team from Honduras.

 
At 28 November, 2006 05:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hope the game is at RFK, but with the cost of holding a game there and the likely small crowd (Hondurans or no, it will still be somewhere between 20-40 degrees out, which means diehards only), it's probably cost prohibative.

 
At 28 November, 2006 09:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The relationship between soccer and cold weather in this country is interseting. People think nothing of going to a cold weather game in Europe. People think nothing of going to a cold weather American football game here. Why then do we worry about cold weather soccer? There's a reason one of the world's most popular pieces of fan gear is the scarf...
-K

 
At 28 November, 2006 10:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious that we all have scarves but there are only a handful of games played when it's cold enough to need them.

 
At 29 November, 2006 10:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In light of the Nats' continued presence and the decisions made by the ground crew last offseason, it's almost certain there will be returfing and other extensive field work at RFK during February-March. So get ready for Germantown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)