11 December 2006

Two Stories of a Transfer Denied

CARROLL NO GO? John at Pseudo Corner Kick left this in the comments, but it is worth highlighting. A website is reporting that Brian Carroll will not be offered a contract at OM. Official confirmation is still pending, and YA still has him on the big board of potential moves.

DCENTERS A NO GO? So Blogger apparently has this new version of their software, that allows for really nice things like labeling posts. When it was in Beta, they wouldn't let me switch it over. So I was thrilled to discover that they are now rolling it out to everyone, and I tried to switch this site over to it. No luck. Why? Because I talk too damn much. From their help file, some blogs can't switch if they are "A very large blog. (More than a couple thousand posts + comments.)" We're only about 750 posts, but I guess the point remains. There has been some preliminary talk about moving this blog to a new site at some point, maybe a wordpress site, but we'll see what happens. I've also got the urge to redo the graphic layout. We'll see if that leads to anything...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11 December, 2006 11:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also haven't been able to see any of your new posts on bloglines, not sure if that is related in anyway.

 
At 11 December, 2006 14:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian Carroll is a solid, slightly above average MLS player. The fact that he was even on trial at Marseille blows my mind. The fact that he won´t be offered a contract restores my faith in my own soccer sanity. I can´t imagine what i would have thought about European soccer if stokesy had gotten an offer...

 
At 11 December, 2006 15:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D, for what it's worth, I sunk $120 a year into typepad when I moved from blogger and it's worth every penny.

A one time pain to the credit card versus the daily pain of dealing with blogger. The typelists, the categories, it's typepad is just so much easier and cleaner.

Check out the free trial. You can always say no.

 
At 11 December, 2006 16:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using Wordpress from the beginning, after initial efforts with Blogger. I'd highly recommend it for the community of theme/template developers as well as widgets. You can do a lot with it and at wordpress.com it can be the same price as blogger - free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)