05 February 2007

Everyone Old is New Again

Sorry I was away for a bit there. Got hammered at work. By which I mean I had a ton to do, not that I was drunk. Regardless, a week away is probably a good thing, especially since Oscar seemed to have things covered. Now I can come back knowing that I've given the front office some time, and all of our concerns from a few weeks ago are solved. Right guys? Er... What?

Okay, so the backup keeper situation isn't solved yet. Certainly that's a major concern if Perkins is hurt, but it's not causing me major palpitations. At least we've improved our wing play and attacking presence with our brand new signing... Rod Dyachenko?

Oscar, as you read, was confused about this move, noting Dyachenko's potential but wondering if he's so important, why leave him exposed? Valid questions. To me, I wonder what need was so pressing that you'd essentially draft a guy twice for it. He's too slow to play on the wing, unproven as a target forward, and an acceptable sub for Gomez at the 60th minute. In other words, while I like Rod, I don't get all starry-eyed when I hear his name. He's a fine player, but I feel like we overpaid to get him back. Add in the rumors of "Let's get Rimando back from RSL" and I have to wonder what the plan is. Sure, circumstances change, as they did with RSL after they drafted Seitz. At the same time, though, I wonder if there's a plan in place, or is DC essentially being reactive at this point? I leave for a week, but I've come back worried. Yes, I'm worried my friends.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 05 February, 2007 09:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, D - we missed you.

As for the FO becoming more reactive, well, you know my thoughts on that already.

I'd like to get you and your crew to weigh in on the discussion currently under way both on BigSoccer and Goff's blog about who to put on the field for the Olympia matches. There's at a minimum one starting spot open on the wings and some even are calling for bigger formation changes. What's your take?

Oh, and BTW, since welcoming Goff with your blog entry a week or so ago, I noticed you haven't yet added him to the roster on the right side of the page; might me nice to have him there. You might also consider giving a shout-out to the "soccer show" guys, who are now doing a podcast.

 
At 06 February, 2007 20:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it may just be me, but I LOVE Perkins. I think he is great and he is getting better. He has showed what he is made of. And I wasn't really sure, is he hurt? Or is it just a question of the fact that he could get hurt? I would be crushed if he didnt play, and I hope that I'm not the only one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)