07 August 2007

The Freezer for August 7th 2007

The US Soccer Fragility Index, known as the Freezer, is the anti-power poll. Each week, Oscar, Kinney, and D have a frank discussion over email and chat to rank the most feeble, the most tenuous, and the overall weakest things in US Soccer. It's the second most feared list in US Soccer behind 101 Ways to Over Promote a Single Player in A Team Sport by ESPN Sports Publishing.

The news on everybody lips is Mr. Beckham's ankle. This is a bit overblown, but reflects badly upon both David and MLS nonetheless. This week in the Freezer the lower ranks were reshuffled and the fallout from Beckham's injury is felt.



Note: The Freezer is a collaborative effort of the DCenters. Kinney just posted it this week. We all wrote the thing.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 07 August, 2007 17:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to wonder whether there is a reverse-homerism in the DCenters braintrust treatment of DCU in the freezer!! DCU is solidly middle of the pack, has put in some nice performances against strong teams in the Superliga and is positioning for a playoff run. Fans are always down on their own teams but I think DCU should fully graduate to "warm" status. (Unless keeping them in the freezer is some sort of karma thing in which case (wink wink) keep them in)
-K

 
At 08 August, 2007 08:44, Blogger Brian said...

So what you are actually saying is that when you watch an ESPN broadcast of MLS, you never listen to the audio...I might try that next time.

 
At 08 August, 2007 09:42, Blogger Kinney said...

Funny enough, I do listen to the audio. I like bad announcing better than nothing. But when they aren't even announcing I mute it. It is very weird, I have found myself muting the TV 7 or 8 times a game, something I never do when I watch DC on CSN.

 
At 08 August, 2007 15:06, Blogger The Manly Ferry said...

Great crack about unemployment stats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)