20 December 2007

Concession

"The people have spoken. The soccer people, anyway." - Steve Goff

"The people have spoken, the bastards." - Dick Tuck

Steve Goff has claimed victory in the Best US Soccer Blog sweepstakes, and while I have not heard anything official, I doubt I will just as I had no idea we were even nominated. If, at some point, I see vote totals, I will try and let you know how we did. If we must lose out, then losing at least to a blog from our city should cushion the blow. You know, at least it wasn't Ives. To those of you that cast a few votes our way, my thanks. Let me say this - We are not finished here. As part of our continuing mission to offer you the best opinion, rush-to-judgement, and biased analysis, we shall continue. Goff may make the soccer web interesting, but we want to make it fun. Congratulation to Mr. Goff, whose reporting is truly excellent and makes writing about D.C. United and MLS easier in many, many ways. We hope to take you down next year if we get a chance. See, because it's a derby now.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 20 December, 2007 11:05, Blogger Unknown said...

DCenters was totally nominated and I voted for you. I like Goff's too, but it's more soccer news, not really thought driven like DCenters.

Keep up the great writing!

Vamos United 08!

 
At 20 December, 2007 13:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for you cause I think Goff is full of crap
"Im a reporter, I can't have a favorite team"

 
At 20 December, 2007 15:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for DCenters. Goff has the inside scoop and is worth the read, but it isn't entertainment.

Plus, DCenters has the best readers anywhere. I love reading through the comments on this blog, because the readers often have great insights. Most comments on the Insider are from gap-toothed morons (half the reason I stopped reading head.com).

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)