06 May 2008

More alumni to haunt us?

Looks like former DC United forward Guy-Roland Kpene will sign a developmental contract with Houston Dynamo and rejoin former DC defender Bobby Boswell. I wasn't a huge fan of his when he was here, seems he had more potential than actual payoff. But compared to Niell and Doe, I'm not convinced either is that much of an upgrade over Kpene. At least on the surface, Doe and Kpene seem to be very similar forwards. Granted, we haven't seen much of Doe ...

Forward Guy-Roland Kpene, who came to the Dynamo on trial a couple of
weeks ago seeking a senior contract, was back with the team Tuesday.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 07 May, 2008 06:46, Blogger Martin Shatzer said...

Does Houston really need another forward who doesn't know how to score? I thought they already had 2 or 3 of those.

 
At 07 May, 2008 09:39, Blogger Bob said...

Regardless of what you thought about Kpene, you've got to admit that his hair is, um, interesting.

 
At 07 May, 2008 14:40, Blogger rke said...

I've always been a fan of Kpene -- I hope he does well in Houston, and MLS. I do think we cut him loose too soon, though rumors of his off-season slack was a bit disturbing.

And I hope Doe comes through as the option that Kpene used to offer.

But mostly, I hope Kpene doesn't score his first MLS goal against DCU. That would be just one too many boots-to-the-head for us to bear this season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)