07 November 2008

DC United mention on Deadspin

Over at Deadspin, there is a post about some Fire fans in attendance at Chicago's second leg, 3-0 (3-0 on aggregate) drubbing of New England. Funny pictures.

In the comments, DC United supporters got a shout-out, so I thought I'd let you know about it.

Those guys in Section 8 are crazy. Not the good kind of ferverent [sic]-cheering crazy you might find at a DC United game, but the strange kind of not-all-there crazy.
Also: Goal of the Year. I called this a long time ago, actually. There are other good goals on this list, but nothing coming close to Gallardo's. Robbie Rogers' is probably next best, but he is dribbling and facing the goal. Gallardo one-times his from an impossible angle.

Goff has a link and you can debate it in his comments.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 14 November, 2008 12:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't related to the post, but last year, DCenters offered protocols and proper conduct for the MLS Cup. Granted it was in DC and a lot of us had tickets and this year, not so much, but here's my question anyway: Since United's season is over, I want to see Columbus take the Shield and the Cup. . . does that make me a bad person? I mean, I know I can support, marginally, who I want and all, but it was the Crew that ended United's playoff hopes. So I feel bad hoping they win, but I still feel like they've "earned" it more than NY or RSL.

 
At 16 November, 2008 19:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Columbus vs. Red bull... sigh...
Go Crew...

D, has the mortgage/financial crisis spun out of control to the point where you can once again provide us with first rate DCU analysis?
Final player grades?
Moves for next year?
-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)